Working in a team environment, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing payroll(s) in a multiple pay-cycle, multi-provincial environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter payroll data into HRIS/Payroll system (employee master updates, payroll settings)
- Ensure pay is in accordance to company policy and collective agreements
- Review wages computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Respond to enquiries regarding company policies and government regulations as it relates to payroll.
- Prepare Terminations and Record of Employments
- Prepare pay end cheque requisitions for required remittances (Wage assignments, Health Premiums, WSIB, WCB)
- Assist in the year end reconciliation of Payroll
- Issue reports as required (weekly/monthly/annually)
- Ability to track vacation entitlement/advise balances and pay outstanding vacation on termination
- Responsible for employee files management and relevant records keeping
- Benefits administration
- Other relevant duties as assigned
· 3-5 years’ experience processing payroll in a unionized environment -preferred but not mandatory
· College Diploma in Business Accounting, or equivalent education
· Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification with the Canadian Payroll Association
· Intermediate to Advanced skills in Word, Excel
· Strong understanding of payroll systems (ADP WFN)
· Excellent communication skills/Team Oriented
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
· Exceptional attention to details
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent – 40 hours week
Location: Brampton (temporarily remote)